Tom Gorzelanny Is A Cub

MLB: MAY 19 Pirates at Nationals

After the game the Cubs announced that they've traded Kevin Hart and Jose Ascanio to the Pittsburgh Pirates for pitchers John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny. Um . . does this help us? I'm not sure this helps us.

And good Lord, won't someone think of the women? You get rid of DeRosa, you get rid of Cotts. REEDZ is on the DL. . . and you go and bring in Baker, Fox, and Gorzelanny? What the hell are we supposed to look at? Rich Harden can't handle all the female attention himself!

In happy news, the Cubs stomped the Astros 12-3 today, reaching a season-high 8 games above .500. After the game, starting pitcher Russ Ortiz was unconditionally released.

Onward to Miami and "Land Shark Stadium" ("candygram!" . . snicker), where I'm sure there are still plenty of tickets available.

As for me, I'm on vacation until August 12, but I'll try to be around as much as possible. Go Cubs!

they traded Kevin Hart? while he was pitching? thats just mean

hey, that's what happens when you give up a home run to Kaz Matsui.

um...wow...I guess I can live this trade. I don't think it really does all that much for us...we have a couple more lefties. I guess that's ok. Still would be nice to have a second baseman or a left handed power hitter in right...but that would never happen. Oh well. I hope Gorzelanny makes a big comeback...that would be nice...but he's wasn't even on the pirate's 25 man roster.

Have fun on vacation, Julie.

I disagree

well, except the part about Julie having a fun vacation

well...at least look at the bright side of the deal. We didn't get Cedeno back in the trade.

thisyearcub said:

Minor league 3B Josh Harrison is the third player the Cubs gave up. Apparently Gorz. will go to AAA first, which likely signals Marshall becoming a starter until Lilly gets healthy.

ok...I think that is actually a bit much now. The G brothers are not worth that. We should have gotten Delwyn Young then.

RevMike said:

Julie, see what happens when you spend too much time making fun of someone's game day picture?

Look on the bright side, at least he already has a nickname on here.

Sloth love Chunk!

Hahahahahahahaha!

tweeted by hirejimessian: Tom Gorzelanny looks like a thumb.

summerguy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

summerguy said:

This actually made me consider getting Twitter just to read HJE's tweets

summerguy said:

Wait... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT JOSE ASCANIO!!!!!!!!! We will regret this trade. He is going to become the Pirates All-star closer, you'll see!

This is my Bo Sox friend's reaction to my suggestion that we put an asterisk next to their two WS titles: "We're going to put one by your Cubs last title in 1734 because they used balls of horse poop in play."

Hee hee hee!

Perkins said:

I say "meh." It's only a matter of time before another string of bed-shitting outings from Hart, so I don't really care about the Cubs' getting rid of him.

Ascanio is kind of a bummer, but no big deal.

baturkey said:

That was a great game to go to. There were two women drinking longnecks on Metra into the city at 10:30 in the morning, so I knew it was the right train. I was in line for food when the National Anthem played, so I had to order my nachos with my cap over my heart, which was a little awkward.

Kevin Hart will not be missed. Even though he had a quality start, there was sarcastic clapping every time he threw a strike.

um...we get Grabow.

the Dodgers get Sherrill.

The Dodgers have improved more than we have here.

dammit.