Chicago Cubs Headlines for Saturday / Freeze Your Ass Off with LOHO, the Twins, and the Cubs at 12:35pm CT

Cubs vs. Twins

So uh, yeah, the Cubs lost and Milton Bradley ended up playing the part of the boob. What's Milton have to say for himself?

"These people have high expectations, and I have high expectations for myself," Bradley said. "I've never made a mistake like that in my life. Sue me."

Anything else?

"I wasn't embarrassed. I've done a whole lot of things to be embarrassed about," Bradley said. "My heart was in the right place. I tried to give a souvenir. It was messed up."

Actually, it was a moment of team levity in an otherwise dreary season in which the Cubs continue to be challenged offensively.

"We talked about it today, just have fun and relax," Bradley said. "It's hard to get me to smile on a baseball field, but I had to smile today. You can't just keep taking yourself too seriously. You have to chill out, have fun. If we do that, we'll be all right."

Mr. Van Dyck, I'm not sure that anyone considered that a moment of levity, except maybe non Cub fans. Is Lou going to have a talk with Bradley about it?

"Do we have to go over the math? One, two, three. I don't know what else to say."

And is this the beginning of the end for Kosuke?

After batting third much of the season, Kosuke Fukudome was dropped to sixth Friday and went 0-for-4 with three consecutive strikeouts.

Fukudome has five hits in his last 33 at-bats (.152) and has seen his season average drop to .278.

"He's starting the spin [on his swing] that he had last year," Piniella said. "He's not staying on the ball. His swing is getting longer. He needs to shorten up and make some contact."

Not a live shot from Wrigley

Cubs Line-up:
Soriano, LF
Fontenot, 3B
Bradley, RF
Lee, 1B
Soto, C
Fukudome, CF
Theriot, SS
Miles, 2B
Harden, P

secdelahc said:

Have fun at the park today, everyone who is going!

Carl Heartscubs Gierhan said:

I second that. Sorry I can't be there to stir up trouble with the gang.

Max Power said:

LOHO Crowd is at Murphy's right now -- look for a crazy redhead wearing black, and a baby in pink!

secdelahc said:

Why are the Cubs losing on LOHO day? Don't they know that's forbidden?

Max Power said:

This game is killing me. I am thankful I am at home enjoying a good beer.

Also, why is the Sox series in the middle of the week?

Why is sox series in the middle of the week?

Simple.

Because they don't want me to be at the ballpark for that series. They are sick of me moping around the ballpark.

Dear Cubs.com,

Alfonso Soriano is hitting .233. Please stop trying to browbeat me into voting him into the all-star game.

Yours,
Julie

Kosoke isn't looking to All-Star-ish right now either...they probably shouldn't be putting his picture up there next to soriano.

Teddy as the only all star this year?

I know this offensive slump isn't really his fault...

But shouldn't the Cubs consider firing Gerald Perry...if for anything, just to shake things up a bit?

But since we've had Gerald Perry, our OBP has been amongst the best in the league.

Until now.

Something has to happen here...

Either Zambrano gets into a dugout fight with Bradley (which will result in Bradley getting traded...yea) or Gerald Perry gets fired.

It's one or the other, and Z's done enough crap this year, so I'm afraid it has to be Gerald Perry.

I see no other alternatives to fixing this.

FrankS said:

I've been thinking that Perry is going to get fired for a while. Usually you chuck a coach rather than the manager and you can't get rid of Rothschild with the starting pitching leading MLB in earned run average. Since the offense is sucking, it has to be Perry. Perhaps Piniella can take over batting instruction rather than bring in a new coach. Who else could the Cubs get at this date anyway?

Believe it or not, I actually disliked Jim Riggleman more as a manager than Dusty Baker...

Anyway, I can't believe another team is going to give him a chance as managing...but...

Acta out in Washington??? and Riggs in???