Kap's Corner

LeBron Booed at Carmelo Anthony's Wedding

NBA star Carmelo Anthony tied the knot with actress LaLa Vazquez in New York Saturday - but the event was almost upstaged by guest LeBron James.The most coveted free agent in NBA history made his choice. Now what? Keep up with everything you need to know about the Summer of LeBron.James was greeted by a round of loud boos from angry New Yorkers outside the wedding in Cipriani 42nd Street when he arrived with his girlfriend Savannah Brinson, myFOXny.com reported.James'...

Read more »

angiew said:

Get used to it, LeBron!

Soji17 said:

Yikes! Imagine what would happen if he went to a Yankees game and they showed him on the Jumbotron.

GreenBean said:

As much as I love the almost-nudie photos... I was hoping for photos from the actual WEDDING

Roti2000 said:

So back in April Kap has the color guy for the Fire on Comcast Sports Net talking about how great the Fire's MLS season is going to be, he (wrongfully) brags about Comcast airing English Premiership games, and then today says the World Cup was boring?

David Kaplan said:

So what's your point? In April I did an interview. So what. Soccer is still incredibly boring.

Roti2000 said:

If soccer is "incredibly boring," it seems odd that you didn't ask Chris Doran about that fact in the interview.

cc002600 said:

Both my kids have been playing soccer for about 10 years now, so I have seen hundreds of games, literally. I can honestly say that Soccer is the most boring sport I have ever witnessed. You sit there for an 1.5 hours and nothing happens. I am so looking forward to the day when my kids are done.

I really think that the rest of the world likes soccer so much because they did not grow up watching real sports like Football, Baseball and Basketball. Soccer is all they know. Shame.

Plus, I'm always amused at the soccer nuts. They get so defensive when you criticize the sport. For instance, they always say, oh when a baseball game ends 1-0, people go on and on about what a beautiful thing it is to watch a 1-0 pitcher's duel, but those same people will say a 1-0 soccer game is boring. My answer to that is simple. How many baseball games end up 1-0 ? Probably less than 1%. How many soccer games end 1-0 ? 30%, 40%, 50% ?? And the other half end up 2-1. Wow, what excitement !!!

What a bunch of babies.

Plus, the drama of those fake injuries are just so lame.

Edelweiss said:

I used to work for Chicago's first professional Soccer team (Spurs), and I think the game has lost some of the excitement it held in the 1970s. The international games are less national, as players from other countries can now become citizens, and represent their new country. It would be one thing if they emigrated as children, but they gain citizenship simply because of their talent. Also, the players are much bigger. In 1974, the players were of more Fontenesque proportions; now they are mostly 6 footers, and are, therefore, less athletic, and more physical.
Bye bye, Maradona, Bye Bye Bertie Vogts, Bye Uwe Seeler. If you want to see real good professional league play, and live in Comcasts viewing area, there is an Italian station (RAI), that broadcasts on Sunday mornings, and past of the programming includes games from Inter, Lazio, or. perhaps Juventus. It is freeand part of Comcast Expanded basic.

IrishYeti said:

I love that you're posting pictures of mostly naked women on here. Can never complain about that.

Edelweiss said:

Let's see if Kap can predict Cub trades before they are announced. Notice he has been very silent on the subject.

Edelweiss said:

I have no inside knowledge of any trades, but I saw a brief glimpse during today's game, which seems to indicate that a certain Cubs player will not be going to the Cards, Angels, or Phillies, and probably not the Tigers. He might be going to the Yankees, or Brewers, or may remain with the Cubs. There is something unique to this player that makes the clue relevant. If anyone can guess, I will own up; if my guess is correct, I will say what the clue is, and if I am wrong, I will make like Kap, and say nothing.