Like most dads, I want nothing more for my kids than to do well in school, treat others as they would treat themselves and be active citizens of the world. Running right behind those 3? I really want them to enjoy baseball.
Baseball was my first love when it came to sports. This was fostered by my family's love of the game, and by reading plenty of Matt Christopher books as a kid. But now, you can start teaching the game and the alphabet to your children even earlier with "B is for Baseball: Alphabet Cards", by Doug Keith.
This is the first in a series that will keep young sports fans in the game and into learning their ABCs. The cards are an entertaining look at the alphabet through funny illustrations that
capture the spirit and action of baseball. From A to Z, young
learners will find that "P" could be a pitcher beginning his wind-up;
"L" could be an outfielder who catches the ball and the wall at the same
time; "A" could be batter practicing his mighty swing; and "Y" could be
an ump calling "Yer out!".
This is a really neat way to teach kids about their ABCs, as well as the great game of baseball.
Mob Approved Archives
The family approves of these stories from Chicago sports bloggers and websites...
- Apparently the Bulls passed on trading Kirk Hinrich and trading for Amar'e Stoudemire [Tremendous Upside Potential]
- Packers and Vikings fans are really gay in this Super Bowl-denied commercial [Blog Down, Chicago Bears]
- Check out "The Comedy Stylings of Vinny Del Negro" [Pippen Ain't Easy]
- The Bulls still can make some moves. Chris Bosh, please? MPS has Bulls options for the trade deadline and in free agency [Mouthpiece Sports]
- Have you heard about this awesome new Cubs cereal called "Zambran-O's"? [Zoner Sports]
- Check out Michael Jordan's little brother Larry throwing down some dunks [Not Qualified to Comment]
- The Professor tells us that Mike Martz finally gets the job -- he was supposed to get 11 years ago [The Professor]
- Cashner > Samardzija. The Cubs 5th starter could be Andrew Cashner [Bleacher Nation]
- Someone wants Jimmy Mac to shut his trap [i94 Sports]