Soccer Apparel Archives
St. Alfred is Chicago's hip-hop lovin, skateboarders' fashion paradise. They recently teamed up with Nike to create an amazing World Cup wonderland for young, urban soccer lovers. Catch a glimpse here:
Friends of the Stars
the structure of the packing is a cardboard sheet and a bag, reducing the standard amount of cardboard used for a standard shoe box by 65%. the new design solution has no laminated printing or tissue paper, and takes up less space and weighs less in shipping,completely replacing the plastic retail bag. the recyclable bag is non-woven, which means there is less work and waste in its production, with stitching completed through heat. -designboom: puma new shoe box by yves behar / fuse project
Chicago Red Stars Home Opener- Saturday, April 17.
- 2009 Chicago Red Stars Combine - Players from across the country will show off their skill for head coach Emma Hayes and the rest of the Red Stars coaching staff on Thursday, December 10th at Max McCook Indoor Facility in hopes of catching her eye and scoring a spot on the Red Stars 2010 roster. [Chicago Red Stars Facebook Page]
- Andrighetto invited to Chicago Red Stars combine: Senior striker will tryout for WPS team on December 10th and 11th - University of Missouri standout Kristin Andrighetto scored 11 goals and accrued five assists in her senior year leading her to a third straight season on the All-Big 12 first team [Mizzou - The Official Athletic Site of the University of Missouri]
- WPS Features Three Finalists for FIFA World Player of the Year Award - On December 7th FIFA announced the finalists for the FIFA Women's World Player of the Year Award, which included three WPS players: Cristiane (Chicago Red Stars), Marta (LA Sol) and Kelly Smith (Boston Breakers). [Women's Professional Soccer]
- life in the red stars annex - Want to know what a day in the life at the Red Stars office is like? Get a look on the inside from Red Stars staffer Alyse LaHue. [WPS Fan Corner - Alyse LaHue]
I must admit that I'm not terribly excited about the 15 finalists in the Umbro Specaili cleat design contest, though the stories behind each design does add meaning to the their masterpieces. If I had to choose one of the 15 to wear, I'd have to go with the Zombie by Stuart McCluskie. I love that McCluskie used the cleats as the zombie's eyes.
"I concentrated on the idea of the passion of football. I played around with the idea of following the sport, and in particular your own team, and the almost blind devotion fans display week in, week out, season upon season. Coupled with the lure and attraction that the sport has on so many people I arrived at the symbolism that football supporters become single-minded and mesmerised in a way not dissimilar to that of 'the undead'.
This is not directly related to the Red Stars, but I think that all soccer lovers in general will find this to be pretty rad- I know, I did.
- Cute Creature
- Fulham Broadway to Wembley
- Mini Pattern
- Moved Grass
- Chicago City Flag (This is by far my favorite yet, and it's designed by a friend of mine! What Red Stars fan wouldn't want to wear these?)