Bears Game Day

« Bears vs Rams - Live Game Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler talk »

Lovie Smith is no Gladiator

Mike Burzawa

Die hard Bears fan and lead blogger at Bear Goggles On

Two teams suffered disappointing losses to division rivals on Sunday.  The Bears got their butts whipped at the hands of Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings while the Sunday night game had the Pittsburgh Steelers fall to the Baltimore Ravens in overtime.

I watched the post-game press conferences for both teams and it immediately hit me - Lovie Smith is better suited for musicals, while Steelers' coach Mike Tomlin is a Gladiator.

To help connect the dots, check out this little video clip I put together.  The press conference video clips are courtesy of NFL.com:

So who would you rather have coaching your football team - Little Orphan Annie or a Gladiator?

FIRE LOVIE!!!

phillies80-08wschamps said:

yawn, who cares, more of interest who are phillie going to sign as 3b derosa,beltre,figgons,polanco, my hope is beltre!!!

phillies80-08wschamps said:

MATT RYAN AND BURNER TURNER OUT 4 FALCONS AS EAGLES ARE W/OUT DESHEAN JACKSON, THE GAME IS AT ATLANTA, I STILL GIVE THE NOD TO EAGLES PREDICTION EAGLES 27 FALCONS 17
NEXT UP 4 EAGLES THE NY GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

Mike Burzawa said:

Isn't there some Eagles site for you to be polluting with this crap? Beat it Philly!

VonBruno said:

As the Cars sang, "Bye, Bye Love-ie", "Bye bye Love-ie"

IrishSweetness said:

Who do I want as the coach ? Definitely someone who looks like they give a sh*t. And he doesn't act like he does ....

Mike Burzawa said:

They need to go after a proven winner: Cowher, Shanny or Holmgren. These guys will all be gone after this offseason, so what will you be left if you wait to fire Lovie after next year?

ShieldsUpCaptain said:

This game has been like watching two dyslexics trying to spell.

mattster54u said:

• • Lovie needs to have that stupid look he has on his face slapped off,

Who have we really beat that has a winning record?

We have the worst play calling in the NFL, lets face it our offense has never been any good
since 85, Hey lets trade Forte so he can lead the NFL next year in rushing, like Benson and
Thomas Jones, why could'nt the love man get them to run like they do...Why does Forte take two stutter steps every time he gets the ball? last year he hit the hole then slashed for yards..

I don't think we will win another game besides detroit, we can't score points...This years has been a total disappointment for all Bears fans, unless they make some changes it will be another 500 year next year if we get lucky...No one's out to hang cutler up yet, I keep hopin he is going to have a bust out game...
at some point he needs to learn how to manage a game and say to himself...don't throw a interception
be smart, don't just sling it....take a sack or whip it OB

Lovie has to go, he still thinks nothings wrong...He defense calling was a joke...Our 3rd down play calling
is god awful,

I will still cheer them on and cuss at the TV like I have every Sunday, and say I can't watch this any more.