Bears Game Day

« Lovie Smith is no Gladiator Purple Reign: Vikings Run it Up »

Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler talk about missed opportunities (Video)

Mike Burzawa

Die hard Bears fan and lead blogger at Bear Goggles On

Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler talk about missed opportunities in the Bears humiliating 36-10 loss to the Vikings on Sunday.  Check out their comments in this video clip:

You talk about missed opportunities when you lose by a field goal or, I don't know, actually had a chance in hell to win the game.  When you get beaten so soundly, don't talk to me about missed opportunities.

Lovie says that the sun will come up tomorrow.  For the sake of the Bears and what fans remain, I hope Lovie takes up a career as a meteorologist and hangs up his coaching whistle.  Either that or maybe he can audition for Annie.  Don't they sing about "the sun'll come up, tomorrow."

On the other hand, Jay looks so defeated.  I wrote earlier this season that I thought he would be suffering from battered woman syndrome from all of the beatings he was taking.  Well, I think that has set in.

With 5 games left on the schedule, Cutler is just 22 interceptions off the single season record set by George Blanda.  It's a lofty goal, but Cutler is a competitor and I'm sure if he and Ron Turner put their heads together, they can find a a way to get it done.

phillies80-08wschamps said:

FACT CUTLER IS NOT ONLY THE WORST QB IN DIVISION, BUT I CANT THINK OF A QB IN NFL AS BAD AS HIM TRUEFULLY DENVER RAPED THE BEARS IN THAT TRADE AND YOU STILL OWE DENVER ANOTHER 1ST ROUND PICK, I GUESS ITS TIME FOR ALL BEAR FANS TO JUMP ON THE EAGLES BANDWAGON!!!!!! E-A-GL-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillies80-08wschamps said:

HOWEVER NO ROOM ON PHILLIES BANDWAGON AS ITS FULL, AND PHILS WILL BE GOLD STANDARD IN MLB FOR DECADE PHILS AMERICAS TEAM THAT SOUNDS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BearMarket said:

I liked the Cutler move this Spring, but we definitely got worked over by the Broncos.

The worst part is his attitude. He acts like a child. Look at him push the NFL microphone away from him like the person holding it did something wrong.

He shows general disdain, annoyance, and arrogance for even having to deal with the press conference. Listen up jerk, you get paid millions of dollars to play a game, and the reason you get paid that much is because fans pay their hard-earned money to watch the games. And the interviews are part of that. If you can't man up as QB after a loss and deliver a half-decent interview, why would we trust you to be the face of the franchise? The annoyance he shows to the press has to come out when his receiver runs the wrong route, etc. And once that happens, it becomes a lot harder for his teammates to really buy in. You need to believe in your leader, and I just don't think Baby Jay Cutler is a guy that people who are around him a lot can believe in.

The fact is he has never won anywhere, Vandy, Denver, Chicago. In fact, all three of those teams were better before he got there, and got better after he left.

If I could trade him and a 2nd round draft pick back for Orton, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

bluedane said:

BearMarket you you hit the nail on the head with your post. We had to endure his infantile behavior for two and a half years. He expects the press to kneel before him and kiss his feet. What you see now is the exact way Jay conducted himself in a press conference, (W or L) for the Broncos. The Denver press was sick of his act. I have empathy for Bears fans but, Jay(INT KING)Cutler was sold; as is, no warranty, no exchanges! Orton is like a breath of fresh air.

phillies80-08wschamps said:

lovie, is not the problem or the solution, cutler needs 2 be cut asap as worst qb in the league, and a whiney crybaby, more important the phils signed brian schnyder 2 year 3million back up to ruiz great signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillies80-08wschamps said:

irrevvelent, bears,lovie,cutler, RELEVANT EAGLES, PHILLIES, WHO WILL PHILS SIGN AS THERE 3B BELTRE,DELROSA,POLANCO OR FIGGINS???