Blackhawks Confidential

Oh Captain, My Captain

toesss.jpg

Ever wonder what makes someone tick?  Take Jonathon Toews for instance.  22 years old, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, Olympic Gold, best Olympic forward, Blackhawks Captain, his own Lake in Manitoba...the list goes on and on.  Oh and let's not forget that he's a superstar for one of the most storied franchises in all of sports; playing in one of the biggest markets in all of the world.  I guess it also couldn't hurt to mention that he makes $250,000.00 every two weeks.  Toews has got it going on.

But this isn't news to anyone.

Everyone knows the resume and salary.  Hell, everyone knows the other side of Toews too.  The side that skates away from goal celebrations to pick up the puck for Nick Leddy's first NHL goal.  The guy who says the right thing no matter the situation.

If you searched Toews on BlackhawksTV and watched every video from the past two seasons you'd be confused.  You wouldn't have any clue if he was talking after the Hawks 5th straight victory or 15 consecutive defeat.  His focus and message remains the same no matter what is going on around him.

At first I didn't buy it.  Being 22 myself I always wanted to see what Toews did the second the cameras went off.  There was no way in my mind he was being sincere. But JT has made a believer out of me, if you're still not convinced take a peek at Toews performance in the absence of Kane and Hossa.

With the team solely on his back, Captain Serious has 13 points in his last 9 games.  He has powered the offense during (what I would call) the Blackhawks best stretch of hockey to date this season.

He kind of reminds me of a Michael Jordan.  His drive and inner desire to be the best at what he does trumps everything else around him.  But unlike Jordan, Toews seems to be able to keep his competitive fire from bursting into a uncontrolled blaze.  I'm sure Toews hates to lose at golf just as much as MJ but I don't think you're ever going to hear about him playing Sidney Crosby for $100,000.00 a hole.

It's too bad Patrick Kane likes to sit down and polish his trophies.  Yea he wants to win but his compete level is nowhere near that of Toews; which is too bad because Kane has a ton of skill.  With Toews attitude Kane could become the greatest 5'9" athlete in the history of sports.  But that's enough babbling...Predators tonight.

You know you're in for a treat when the return of Viktor Stalberg is the headline surrounding a Predators vs. Blackhawks game.  Nashville has a more significant headline with Pekka Rinne expected to be back tonight after missing about 10 games.  What's going to happen?  That type of info is out of my pay range.  But if you must know enjoy the Hawks 4-2 victory tonight.

blkhawk11 said:

Great article on Toews, Paul and what can one really say about his dedication and worth to the Hawks in every respect. The players take to him and everyone on this squad gives respect to one another as Toews does to the whole organization....marvelous leadership with sincere character and poise.
He is much older and mature than his age dictates and in my opinion, describes his whole work ethic and responsibility to his teammates, coaches and management as well as to his own personality image.

Kane on the other hand has great skills and flair, but not yet as mature as Toews or some of the other more noteable Hawks. He is definitely not lacking in many quality areas of his play...just lack of consistency in his endeavours. He should be able to drive home about 40 - 50 goals per season now as he has a keen eye and reflex that many players fail to compare. I, for one, have no doubt that he can get over the hurdles if and when he decides to in his own frame of mind. Nevertheless, a dynamite player in every sense of the word!

Having Stalberg back tonite is a true bonus and look forward to him rallying for a goal and playmaking techniques along with hits and forechecks that he generally displays...a genuine contributor in all senses to the Hawks success.

One Team said:

Do you have any views of your own, blkhawk11, or do you just jump at the chance to repeat the information you read in every article?

blkhawk11 said:

Yes, I do and mostly agree with the article written but not interested in many of your comments as I find them immature and negative in response to this blog. Suggest you stick to your ignorant rants and childish behavior and take a swim in Lake Michigan....maybe you might just disappear and drown.

One Team said:

You agree with every article no matter what is says. Then repeat the author's thoughts and some other obvious blanket statements and add an 'indeed' at the end. A typical bandwagon fan who knows nothing about the game, indeed. 'Go Hawks go!!'

OneTeam said:

Hey blkhawk11, try not to confuse the real deal "OneTeam" (no space in name- note the difference between the two) with a wannabe instigator like (One Team) the one who commented here. First of all, I’m far more creative than immature but I must admit, seeing a disturbed BLACKHAWK FAN using my handle to rip on another Blackhawk fan is an accomplishment in itself! Bravo! My work here is not in vein!

Hey One Team, keep working on it.... While I completely agree with your comments, they lack flair! Also, since you seem to be transforming yourself into a Wings fan, I must warn you, there isn’t a lot of room for bandwagoners like you found here in Chicago. Our fan base has been solidified for decades and lame wannabe's such as yourself need not apply! (That’s not to say you cant continue to hate on the Hawks- Self hatred is every Chicago fans right!)

Now go scratch your head about why they booed that Chelios guy at the Hawks game the other day and by all means, continue the Chicago bashing! I LOVE HAVING FOLLOWERS!! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!! HAHA!

QStache said:

Looks like worthless One Team had no one to talk to on the Hawk blog so created a second ID and is now trying to pass it off as someone else's imitation. Yea right. Keep pumping yourself up and wasting time on the blog of a team you supposedly don't like. That's the funniest part. No matter what you say, the fact remains that you're wasting hours and hours of your life writing on a Blackhawks blog. Do you realize how lame that is as a supposed Wings fan?

OneTeam said:

Hahaha - what skills of perception, Qstache. After that display I almost hate to mention that you're a fool and totally wrong. It's not a 2nd identity for me on this blog (although many know I'm no stranger to that), but you are right about me spending way too much time on this stupid website writing about your lame team. I'm done with that. You officially have the right to kick my ass if I show up here again. But I won't need to. I'll let the Wings do the talking as they walk all over your sorry excuse for a hockey team.

QStache said:

You definitely have a screw loose, One Team... actually multiple screws.

Tab said:

My, my, my... One month to the day after you threw Toews under the bus, now he's your guy? C'mon man...