Blackhawks Confidential

Blackhawks to dress full squad tonight...

Patrick-Sharp.jpg

The Blackhawks return to the Music City tonight for a tilt with the only team worse than themselves in the Central Division.  The last time the Bridgestone Arena hosted a meaningful matchup between these two foes it was the Blackhawks who eliminated the Predators from Stanley Cup contention.  Maybe that memory paired with the embarassing final minute loss earlier this year will be just the combination the Hawks need to get going...but don't hold your breath.

Another weekend is here and the Blackhawks are still searching for their identity.  The offense has disappeared, the defense tends to have numerous collosal breakdowns, Turco has a 2.8ish GAA, and Q's constant shuffling of everything makes me question if he has any idea what he's doing.  The problem for the Hawks has been finding consistency in their play.  For example, what the hell happened to the cycle after the first period vs. Phoenix?  The first 16 minutes of the game I was amazed by the Hawks ability to generate a very effective cycle.  Then Phoenix starts pushing back a little bit and the Blackhawks back off.  I'm not sure anyone, blogger or NHL scout, could explain the wildly inconsistent play of the Hawks.

I'm beginning to question the leadership.  It seems as though from time to time the Hawks completely lose focus.  They go from dominating a period to giving up back to back to back minute long shifts in their own offensive zone.  Maybe it's time to switch around the A's in the Blackhawk's locker room.  Maybe the guys serving as alternate captains should be ones who illustrate the most consistency in their play.  Patrick Sharp is pulling one of his patented offensive disappearing acts of late.  And Duncan Keith swtiches from looking like a Norris Trophy Winner to Barrett Jackman from shift to shift.  I'm not questioning their effort (because they may be the two hardest working Hawks) but maybe relieving them of their captaincy could be a good thing.  Wearing an A or not, Keith and Sharp are going to bring the same intensity every night.  Maybe giving someone else the responsibility of wearing the A will generate added intensity from other spots in the lineup.  Who those guys are?  I don't know.  I'm not in the dressing room everyday.  But from my couch it doesn't seem too crazy to see Dowell or Stalberg with an A.  I wouldn't even mind seeing Kane get it.  He seems like the type of kid who needs to be constantly challenged to be on top of his game.  Give him the A and say "here, it's up to you" and let's see how he repsonds.  I guess im just up for anything that creates a new dynamic for this Hawks squad because it's becoming more and more obvious that the Q shuffle is not going to drastically change the outcome of the season.

Finally, I never thought I'd be this excited to see Dave Bolland's name in the starting lineup.  He has been just as inconsistent as everyone else but his return marks something that has yet to be seen, the 2010-2011 Blackhawks.  Tonight will be the first time our preseason roster will be fully suited up on the ice.  Maybe, (hopefully) tonight will mark the real beginning to our season.

OneTeam said:

"Another weekend is here and the Blackhawks are still searching for their identity"

I know the Hawks identity...they are the Hawks of 2007!!! OK- Your right...50 wins may be a little too optomistic! Ha ha ha!!

Nashville.....really???

One Team said:

I forgot to add that I'm an epic failure in life and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

OneTeam said:

Hello......ello....llo.....lo....o...

Pretty quiet here in Hawkland! I guess the herd really thinned out once the newly veteran fans found their "favorite" team below .500! They are probably flooding the Bears blogs now speaking to what die hard fans they are! Ha ha!

Wanna make a bet on the Oilers game?? They are twice as crappy as the Hawks.....should be an easy win for Chicago...I mean, what could possibly go wrong!?!?

One Team said:

20USD Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

WE ACCEPT PAYMENT--b2cshop.us --

DELIVERY TO YOU DOOR TO DOOR

========b2cshop.us ==Please copy stick this website

cfgcgfcfg said:

Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, ( b2cshop.us ) Here are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w