Wale's World

« Goodbye, for now Old school football »

Moot point

Adewale Ogunleye

I play defensive end for the Chicago Bears.

It's now official. The playoffs have been mathematically eliminated from our season.

Some may say that this season was over weeks ago. I disagree with that statement but my opinion is moot at this point. At the end of the day it comes down to wins and losses.

In 13 games we have collected 8 losses. Not good at all. The saying goes, "you get what you deserve."

I can apologize until I am blue in the face but the truth is Chicago deserves better. This team deserves better. We are better than our record indicates.
For the first time in my ten-year career I took no time off from training. The week after we lost to Houston last year, I headed back into the gym. As a team, we worked hard.

We had the earliest mini-camp of any team in the NFL and almost 100 percent of our team participated in off-season training. More of a reason why these losses do not add up.

Losing twice to the Packers in the same year has not been done in the Lovie Smith era. That's the biggest disappointment of the season. I can't stand them. Oh well, water under the bridge for now.

Three games left. We have to continue to practice hard and play with the pride of real men. The love for each other and the city of Chicago will carry us through the rest of the season.

Doesn't matter who we play. It's about us and how we respond. We are being taught a life lesson that will be revealed somewhere else down the road.

For now, it's these dark clouds (losses) that keep us from seeing the rainbows that are sure to follow.

Till then ... Bear Down!!!

More from around the web

jazzkj said:

Thanks for the blogging this season. I've appreciated it. I'm also glad to read that you and your fellow Bears have and are putting forward effort. I may be in the minority, but I believe what you write here. Wins are great, and certainly the goal, but I don't believe the Bears ever quit. You are an admirable guy, and I hope you're with the Bears next year (and blogging too). Happy Holidays too.

Dmband said:

Wale-

I think the most frustrating thing for us as fans is what appears to be a complete lack of preperation to begin games. I mean, honestly, there have been several games where you guys just simply looked lost on Defense, particularly at the begninng of games. I dont know how this doesnt come back to coaching. I know you guys are working your asses off, but, it appears you have been outmatched, from a scheme standpoint, at the begnning of games...even prior to personnel group changes. We, as fans, cant help but think there is something seriously wrong with the game plans...

Just my opinion. On the other hand, Im a big fan of your's and really respect what you have done here in Chicago. Thanks for blogging this year.

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

I absolutely agree with Dm...something just ain't right with you guys defensively to start games off. There have been several games this year where the D played great 2nd and 3rd quarters, but looked absolutely putrid for the 1st and 4th.
I have to believe the scheme or the playcalling is not right.

IrishSweetness said:

Wale - clearly having the earliest training camp in the NFL didn't help any - do you also think the lack of tackling in camp was disadvantageous ?

Trounce those Vikes and Tatoo Brett for us ... ai'ight ?

CelerySalt said:

Wale, this is going to sound ridiculous but please do whatever you can to get blown out the next three games. lovie needs to go.

on a more realistic note, thanks for what you've done in chicago. know that the fans appreciate someone like yourself on the team and if you don't make it back to chicago next season, you'll still have us as fans.

Ogunleye93myfav said:

-wale-

as this season comes to a dissapointing end i just wanna say thanks for a great six years with the bears. you make sundays the best day of the week during the season. i hope you'll be back for a seventh season, && if not i'll still be your # one fan!
bear down wale && happy holidays!

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

Wale - hope we see you back here next year. You've been a soldier your whole career, and I hope your leg heals right and you have the opportunity to come back. God bless and get better, Wale.

CelerySalt said:

1 down, 2 to go. thanks for responding to my comment on the field. next up, prime time embarrassment.

IrishSweetness said:

Tough break man. Stay strong.