Wale's World

« Black clouds Every game is a fight! »

Keep the turkey, season isn't done

Adewale Ogunleye

I play defensive end for the Chicago Bears.

Six games left in the season and to date, things haven't gone as planned.

After 10 games we are 4-6. Four and Six. 4 wins and 6 losses. Anyway you say it, our current record is undesirable.

If you asked anyone on the team if they saw this coming the answer would be an astounding ... NO!!
Right now isn't the time to look back at the regrets of this current season. This is the time to look forward and concentrate on the games ahead. Next up, the red hot Vikings.

A red hot Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre and a defense that plays complete. Despite the naysayers, the season is not over. We know the Vikings well and we know this will be our toughest game of the season.

The key will be how we deal with adversity and the lack of support we will get in the weeks to come. We must believe in ourselves and fight for the true Chicago fans that support us through thick and thin. I truly believe we will end this season 10-6. Ten and Six. 10 wins and 6 losses. Anyway you say it it spells ... PLAYOFFS.  Bear Down!!!

P.S.  Happy Thanksgiving to all. Despite any problems that we may encounter, we all have something we can be grateful for. Some more than others but no matter your current situation, find the good in your life.

More from around the web

IrishSweetness said:

It ain't over til that fat beatch sings Wale. JC has the strongest arm/fastest release in the NFL. The Queens' secondary is weak. If he can hook up with two of the fastest receivers in the league, then this turns into a shootout - AP becomes irrelevant as they play catchup. If we win in the dome then we can beat them in Chicago. Other than that it's just STL, DET and you KNOW we're going to tear GB a new one in Soldier field. Where's the fire ? Win this thing and we're looking at the playoffs .... Bear Down !!

opfreak said:

what drugs are you on?

I geuss now you'll claim your going 9-7 because something is going to magically change. You know like it was going to change for the past number of losses

brickhouse said:

Wow!!!! I believe this Bears football player is a man before anything else and I don't find it necessary to insult his character in the way that you have here. We should be thankful that these men are willing to not only perform for us, but also unselfishly, extend themselves to the fans, through these voluntary blogs.
Would it have been more appealing if he had been negative about the apparent losses and the games that lie ahead? I think NOT. He knew the situation that he and his team were in and as one of the captains he made effort to generate a positive outcome.
Perhaps, if he indeed was on some sort of drugs (which we all know the NFL does not tolerate) he could ignore the aches and pains like so many other disfunctional souls tend to do. But since we know he is not, he must continue to show up and Bear down!
It would appear to me that this football player/man has an unmeasurable amount of faith and his belief is higher than you are able to imagine. If you have no hope, you have nothing. Keep up the good work Adewale and continue to stay strong.

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

Can we get the turkey out now?
Man, I've been a bears fan for a long, long, long time...and I have NEVER been embarrassed to be one, until today.
It's not even that y'all got beat; half the team rolled over and QUIT on us. I know it's hard to relate to the dough that we spend getting to games, taking days off, buying your jerseys, but all we expect in return is effort.
Today, we got that for about a quarter and a half. And then...nothing.
Wale - I love you guys, but it'd be nice if sometimes it felt like you guys loved us back.

IrishSweetness said:

That bitch is singin ' ......

The whole team needs to apologize to their fans for that season. Never, not once did the defense turn up the same day as offense and special teams. Guys picking up pay checks, with no respect for the Jersey. To the McCaskey family - if you have a shred of respect for those that love the Bears - do them the basic honor of representing us come the free agent market. No re-treads. Class at their position please, that's all we ask.

Balboa said:

Comming from the most over paid player in the NFL...If they gave signing bonuses for running your mouth, you would deserve every penny. Playing next to Jason Taylor clearly was your golden ticket.

Bye Bye......Please make sure to tell Vasher, Harris, Anderson, and all the safties I said bye bye

brickhouse said:

Money isn't everything and neither is winning. Who gives a flip about the money made, that should be of no personal interest to any fan. Why?? Who cares!!!!!
As a fan you have to be supportive, it is a requirement. What I have witnessed with this Bears football team is lack of pride not lack of skill. When we believe, they believe. When pride becomes the basic foundation for all involved, all will proudly, reap the benefits. These players often let the media and the fans affect them, making it even harder to bounce back. When you lose you can't hang your head down, it makes playing and performing too difficult. I understand that it's a tough job to maintain....Dough or no dough..... Just how much would you demand to be potentially bruised and battered in effort to make a crowd cheer, or in this matter, make them cast stones. When you're up, everybody's got your back, high fiving, smiling and gloating with expectation.... The moment adversity arises, a blanket is thrown over all the good that once existed. It really is a shame.

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

Yeah, it must be absolutely brutal making 7 figures a year. "Dough or no dough" - are you kidding me?!?!

You sound like you are either related to, or sleeping with, a Bears player.

brickhouse said:

No, none of the above. I just empathize because I use to be a part of a team and I understand what it's like to fight, struggle and feel like you're getting nowhere.

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

If you think most fans don't know what it's like to fight, struggle, and feel like you're getting nowhere in our everyday, biweekly paycheck lives, you're delusion and arrogant.
I don't expect anything out of our players that I don't expect out of myself.

Dmband said:

"As a fan you have to be supportive, it is a requirement. What I have witnessed with this Bears football team is lack of pride not lack of skill. When we believe, they believe"

So, you're blaming the fans for the teams performance, and youre saying that we are also not allowed to be critical?

Wow. Oh, and good players DO NOT let the media or fans affect them, they go out and do their jobs like everyone else in the world who has problems far worse than these guys... There are so many things wrong with your post, its embarrassing.

brickhouse said:

Oh, so money buys away problems....WOW, I had no idea.
No, I'm not saying you aren't allowed to be critical, of course you are and of course you could probably go out there and get it done a whole lot better too.
I was simply saying, have faith and continue to support the team, they'll pull through. My prayers are that they stay injury free, healthy and that they will perform in a way that makes the city proud.