Wale's World

« Back on track but much more Forget next year, I want to »

Talk is cheap

Adewale Ogunleye

I play defensive end for the Chicago Bears.

ASK WALE
E-mail me here. I will be answering your questions about the Bears and life in the NFL every week on my blog.

This blog will be the hardest blog I have written to date. I really don't want to write it.

I don't know what team that was on Sunday but that wasn't the Chicago Bears.

With that said, "Talk is Cheap". We didn't show up on Sunday. Point blank ... we got embarrassed. Words can't describe my frustration.

I am part of an organization that lost 45-10.

I am a player on a team that lost 45-10.

I am a defensive player on a team that gave up 45 points and almost 500 yards of offense.

Not only am I a player, I am a starter and one of the Captains of a team that lost 45-10.

I am in a foul mood and the only person I can blame is myself. I just have to do a better job. Two weeks in a row with no big plays is totally unacceptable.

Two losses in a row is unacceptable. This next home game against the Cleveland Browns is a must win. MUST!!!

The only way out of this rut is to practice and practice harder. At the end of the day it's about us (me) and what we (I) do. It's not about our opponents it is on us (me).

There are two types of players in the league. Those who feel pressure and those who apply it. It's time to apply it.

On another note ... I can't believe Indiana lost to Northwestern. To have a lead of 28-3 at halftime and to wind up losing the game 29-28 is mind blowing.

I am tired of wearing opposing teams t-shirts or ball caps and having to hear guys like Orlando Pace (Ohio State), Anthony Adams (Penn State) and Nick Roach (Northwestern) talk smack about beating up on IU.

Well, that's my two cents. This weekend was a complete wash.

BEAR DOWN!!!

More from around the web

MikeBrownhadaPosse said:

Wale - what in your estimation was the problem Sunday? Effort? Execution? Scheme? All of the above?
And what was up with everybody being hugs and kisses with Benson? The guy cried all week about how the Bears done him wrong and Hunter is the only guy that looked like he was going to pop Cedric in the mouth.

Dmband said:

Wale-

What the heck happened? That was one of the toughest games I have ever watched, I cant imagine how upset you guys were. Not to mention, I have to send friends in Cincy Italian Beef from Chicago after that loss...I had cincy ribs coming to me if we won? Can I send you the bill?

Just kidding...For the sake of Bears fans, please get out there and kick some a.. next week!

MM said:

Maybe you guys should worry about the opponent now that you're paid millions to play and less about who wears what shirt during the week! Just saying...

Lalo said:

Wale
Man, I wanted to cry Sunday. I'm sure this has to be hard for all of you that were on the field, but dang it, it looked like we (the team) gave up. Don't forget who all of you play for, the city of Chicago and the fans all over the world who support the team. I will always continue to support, because I'm die-hard. As I always scream out, when you make a play.."ADAWALE AGUNLEYE"! Now, get your head back into next weeks game, and kick some A$$!!
BEAR DOWN

IrishSweetness said:

That was an embarrassing performance. And helping Cedric Benson up after every run ? No pride. No tackling. Never before has the gulf in coaching and management been so obvious as it was on Sunday. From Ted Philips to Bubba Smith, I would have no problem in everybody except maybe Marinelli getting canned. No more excuses, heard them all, poor coaching and poor execution. Angelo has to take most of the blame - that roster sucks. No OL whatsoever, poor depth everywhere else. Poor. Poor. Poor.

sjvl said:

Even when the Bears lose, I can always find something good to say about my team's play - but not Sunday. Well, ok, Robbie had a great field goal (yikes). I don't know what the problem was Sunday, but I hope you guys figure it out, and quickly. Recovering from a loss like that will be difficult and with any hope at all, won't affect the rest of the season.

cubbiejulie said:

Wale--At least your writing is excellent. You must be an alum from a first-rate university. ;)

Cheer up----we're all still behind you guys.

JohnKos said:

Hey Wale.I came all the way from Greece last year (28hour trip) for the "Windchill Monday night game" against Green Bay in December.There was no urgency that night even though a playoff spot was on the line and if it wasn't for some Green Bay stupid mistakes there wouldn't be a way to win that game.

I can't see the urgency to win man!Where is the urgency?I know Urlacher is missing but you guys are better than that.Also tell your coach to not pull out his DB's so far from the line of scrimmage.

As a leader you should tell your teammates play for the damn jersey!Play with some urgency!

Good luck

wrecksgrossman said:

Wale, I am a die-hard fan from Chicago living in Virginia. It's nice to see that a Bear addresses the fans about something so difficult. I have NFL Sunday ticket so I can watch all of the games at home. I DVR them and watch them over and over. It gives me alot of pleasure. I even watch the losses, and am usually able to see some good in them too. I don't think I'll be watching this one again. It was too painful. WE LOVE THE BEARS! I BELIEVE IN YOU. Wale, I know you're busy practicing but can you PLEASE comment back to this post so I can show my Fiancee? It would really mean alot to me and it would make me feel special. I will always be a fan. I live in the worst fan base there is-Redskins. Half the people like Dallas and the so called Skins fans abandon their team after a few losses. They have shown me what not to be like, I WILL NOT LOSE FAITH. I grew up watching Walter Payton. That kind of stuff stays with you. Please write back to me. Thank you. Any kind of growth I've ever experienced came out of adversity. Don't let the negativity impede your own process, the one that comes from within. PEACE.