I can't believe it is already October and we are in the middle of the fall season! Below is a list of 5 places to try this month. Perfect dining for fall when the weather is cooling down and you are looking for a new hit spot to try.
- Ina Mae Tavern & Packaged Goods: The team behind Frontier and Lottie's Pub, opened this New Orleans-inspired joint serving classic po'boys, craft cocktails and fried chicken. It also offers sno-ball's from a walk-up window serving multiple kinds of flavors: sweet, sour, creamy and toppings too. Ina definitely has a cool vibe to it, so if you aren't in the mood for soul food, definitely stop in for a drink.
- Funkenhausen: From the owner of Carriage House, Mark Steuer recently opened a new establishment that brings together southern cuisine and German classics like spaetzle, schnitzel and sausages. With this combo, the restaurant's moto is, 'German Heritage, Southern Hospitality.' The interior even mixes the two with cuckoo clocks, a wild boar and vintage American BBQ signs. Still intrigued? Stop in and see for yourself!
- Etta: The team behind Maple & Ash, opened Etta this summer where The Southern once was, located in Bucktown. The menu is well thought out, offering worthy salads, creative pastas that do not disappoint and lovely pizzas. The vibe is trendy, cool, chic, it is an absolute must.
- Mini Mott: Have you ever walked into Mott St. and not been able to order the burger? Perhaps they are out of it, or it isn't brunch time or you aren't sitting at the bar. A lot of rules, I know. People want this well-crafted, nearly perfectly delivered burger at all times, and now you can. Mini Mott, which just opened in Logan Square, serves the mott burger, fries and wings. Totally worth it.
- Paradise Park: The owners of Happy Camper and Homeslice recently opened a trailer-themed pizza joint in Wicker Park. You will recognize some of your favorite items from the previous two establishments on the menu. The cocktail list is a bit more creative slash a tad vulgar, but you can still get your bloody mary with pizza on top. There are TV's everywhere so plenty of reason for it to become your go-to joint for football Sunday.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.