I love rice. White rice, wild rice, brown rice, fried rice, seriously, I love it all.
With cauliflower rice being a recent trend, I finally caved in an effort to cut down on my carbs, and made cauliflower fried rice. I made this recipe to go with mongolian beef and I'll be honest, no it's not rice, but it's pretty darn good.
This is great as a side dish, but it also could be a meal if you are looking for something quick. You can add whatever veggies you like too. It's so easy to make!!
Prep: 5 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste
- Pour cauliflower rice into a pan, over low heat for 4-7 minutes, so that it is no longer frozen.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
***Recipe inspired by Skinnytaste
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.