Toward the end of the summer, I bought a membership to The Barre Code. I decided I wanted to get into a routine of working out on a regular basis and Barre Code offers multiple types of classes, from cardio to barre, so it was the perfect fit. Most weekdays I go to the 7:00am (!!!!) class and it's actually been very motivational getting up so early to workout.
In addition to working out, I have also been making healthy meals at home on a regular basis. I know I have said this before, but Skinnytaste is my favorite site for healthy meals! Gina does an amazing job in providing recipes for your favorite meals, presented in a healthy way. Last night I made baked chicken Parmesan and it was so easy and delicious! I made it with whole wheat spaghetti and baked an artichoke for the veggie, but you can serve whatever you like.
I used my grandmother's china (first time using it!) and it made it all the more special.
Prep: 15 minutes | Total: 50 minutes
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast, pounded thin (could be made into 4)
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3 - 4 slices reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar marinara (I used Mario Batali Marinara)
- whole wheat pasta
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 slice mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. (Can saute in a pan, covered, too)
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.