Chicago is a food city in every way. It's important to know where to go to get the best pizza, steak and burger in the city, but sometimes the end of the meal can be the most important part, so it's good to know where to satisfy that sweet craving. The following six restaurants offer some of the best and most playful desserts in Chicago and are not to be missed, even when you think you can't take another bite.
- Parlor: If there was a must-eat list of what to indulge in after brunch, the birthday cake waffle would be top five. The desert, served with vanilla bean ice cream, maple syrup, caramel sauce, and whipped cream with sprinkles on top, is absolutely delicious and perfect for sharing with friends.
- Happy Camper: The giant, Rice Krispie treat, ice cream sandwich with sprinkles and chocolate sauce drizzled on top is very messy and worth every bite. It will make you feel like a kid again while eating it.
- Bombo Bar: This walk-up window, next to Bar Siena, is serious about its desserts. Specializing in bombolini, gelato, cannoli and decadent and decorative drinks, Bombo bar is a must, even if you need to take it to go.
- Beatrix: The 'Oh My Caramel Pie,' which was voted one of the best desserts in Chicago in 2015, will change your life. One bite and you will understand why patrons visit Bea just for this pie.
- Summer House: Enter Summer House and you will be greeted by a selection of freshly baked cookies. The salted chocolate chip has the perfect amount of salt on top and has the sweet and savory combo down pat.
- Ella Elli: The profiteroles at this new Lakeview restaurant are brilliant. Three profiteroles, stuffed with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce make this dessert irresistible.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.