Each month I compile a must-try list of those new to the restaurant scene in Chicago and those establishments that have been around a little longer. Below are my top 5 for this month, the most intriguing being Little Bad Wolf and Angry Crab.
1. Mad Social: Opened this year in Chicago's West Loop serving American Fare accompanied by creative cocktails. The atmosphere showcases Gina Stefani's style (daughter of Chicago restaurant icon, Phil Stefani), with a rustic-chic vibe, dark woods and leather booths. West Loop W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60607
2. Little Bad Wolf: An upscale joint, with a copper bar that sets the tone, serving street food, craft cocktails, beer and wine. Replacing the old Burger Philosophy, LBF does have burgers on the menu as well as items like steak frites, bao and fried shrimp. Andersonville 1541 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Chicago, IL 60660
3. Bucks Chicken & Biscuit: Replacing the old Carriage House, Bucks is still continuing the Southern flare featuring fried chicken, biscuits and drinks. It is a popular spot for brunch too and serves fried chicken in its bloody mary. Wicker Park W Division St, Chicago, IL 60622
4. Whiskey Business: A product of 1980s nostalgia and two years in the making, this new Wicker Park establishment finally opens its doors. As the temperatures begin to rise, this will be a popular place to be with its fabulous rooftop able to seat 60 people with comfy seating arrangements and flat screen TV. Wicker Park 1367 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
5. Angry Crab: A cajun seafood joint serving seafood by the pound, in a bag, with various spices and sides like sausage and potatoes. It's also BYOB so bring your favorite bottle or bottles of wine, be prepared to smell like garlic and crush some seafood. Rogers Park 5665 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60659
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.