Food is always top of mind for me. Not only do I think about what to make next, I absolutely love the restaurant scene in Chicago. Each year I make a list of restaurants that I want to try. Not necessarily a list of the most recent openings, but an overall list of places in the city that I simply can't get out of my head until I get a taste.
Below is my list for 2015:
1. Nico Osteria: A new restaurant by Paul Kahan that may be the best seafood and Italian in Chicago.
2. Shake Shack: The NYC transplant opened in River North in November 2014 - famous for its burgers, dogs and custard.
3. Roxies by the Slice: Always intrigued when Sodikoff opens a new restaurant. The newly opened establishment serves Brooklyn-style pizza and craft beer until 2:00 am.
4. Green Street Smoked Meats: Casual, yet hip dining space with a warehouse feel, serving home-cooked quality meats and comforting sides.
5. Oak & Char: A new place in Chicago's River North to begin or end your night.
5. The Kitchen: A community-based bistro, serving local ingredients in a rustic setting.
6. MFK: A seafood-focused eatery serving authentic eats in a cozy and intimate dining space.
7. Beatrix: A modern venue that seems to 'have it all' with a coffee/bakery bar, wine and cocktail bar, American eatery and a weekend brunch.
9. Tanta: Inventive and unique Peruvian fare in a playful space with strong presence.
10. Fat Rice: Serving Macanese food (influences from China, Portugal, India, & Southeast Asia) in a lively communal table setting.
I am looking forward to visiting each of these establishments in 2015!
Please share any that are on your list for the New Year!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.