I'd break a commandment to have a maid. Seriously. I hate housework.
I tweeted that statement not too long ago and it started an interesting conversation. I was asked which commandment I would be willing to break.
- I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve. (I think I got this. My only distraction would be a really good sale.)
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (I probably break this one on a daily basis, so this one is a possibility!)
- Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day. (I'm in the choir with my husband. See #6)
- Honor your father and your mother. (It was easy to honor my dad, my mom, not so much, but I took care of her 24/7 before she died. Hardest thing I ever had to do.)
- You shall not kill. (Unless it's a bug. I hate bugs!)
- You shall not commit adultery. (This one is definitely out. My husband is Italian and owns a cement mixer. I behave.)
- You shall not steal. (I'd probably get caught and end up in jail scrubbing floors, etc.)
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (I try really hard not to gossip, listen to it, or spread it.)
- You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. (I'm not crazy about my neighbor's wife anyway.)
- You shall not covet your neighbor's goods. (Pfft! My stuff is better than theirs, na, na, na, na, boo, boo!)
After going through the list, one of my readers said, "I won't tell a soul!! Your sins are safe with me!! Let me know how you like your new maid!! ROFL"
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. A free blessing is included!