The Seven "IS"
- Innate dignity of Human Person
- Human life is sacred
- The principle of solidarity
- Creator has instilled within us and within his creation an inherent order
- Subsidarity: the common good is best served by agencies, organizations & institution closest to the human person
- The preferential option for the poor/care for those left behind/ Jesus, who always seemed to have a radar for those on the side of the road
- Inalienable rights are given not by society, not by culture, not by government, but by the Creator himself.
The Seven "OUGHTS"
- We ought to be in politics
- We ought to bring values and convictions to politics
- Catholics ought to propose never impose
- We ought to stand for principles always above politics
- We ought to stress responsibility as much as rights
- We ought to defend the rights of others
- Catholics ought to stress "us" not "me"
Cardinal Dolan's presentation starts at the 35 minute mark on the video.