Six Important Things Catholics Must Do this Political Season by Deacon Mike Bickerstaff
- First and foremost, be at peace; God remains in control. Remain in His love. Be joyful and faithful ambassadors for Christ.
- Pray daily for your own conversion, for moral truth to guide our nation and its leaders, and for the courage and wisdom you need to properly engage in the political process.
- Do not forget or be confused about the HHS Mandate. This court decision did not address the question of religious liberty. That will come after the lawsuits seeking to overturn that particular regulation make their way through the court system and are decided by the Supreme Court at a later date. Remain vigilant and prayerful.
- Become better educated… about the grave issues that confront us and the moral obligations upon us as Catholics.
- Share your knowledge with others and inspire them to become involved. Become passionate but not mean-spirited. Shed light, not heat on the issues.
- Let your political leaders and candidates know what you expect of them. Hold them accountable. Vote in November, guided by a conscience formed by Catholic Moral and Social Teaching.
You can read the rest of the article here.