Whatever you want to call it, today is the last hurrah before Lent! Indulgences, excesses and debauchery!
Debauchery? Okay, let's not go there ...
What will I "give up" for Lent?
1. Television? (I can do that, I don't watch that much anyway.)
2. Internet? (Oh, God, no! That's out of the question!)
3. Sweets? (I can do that. I think.)
4. Meat on Fridays? (Trying to cut back anyway.)
5. Alcohol? (Sure.)
6. Fasting? (Well ... Archbishop Fulton Sheen said he couldn't do it either!)
7. Swearing? (D*mn, I just dropped ... oops! Okay, I'm sorry, I'll TRY!)
8. Gossip? (I'm pretty good about that unless I need to vent about someone.)
9. Angry thoughts when someone ticks me off? (See #6.)
10. Shopping? (Only if I don't see it on sale.)
My list could go on and on. Lent is about sacrificing, but it's also about change. If I can implement something for 40 days, it just might stick and that's the blessing that will come from all my efforts.