Being a recording artist makes my life nuts. I travel, I keep vampire hours, and I never know when I'll have free time. Even now, I am writing this blog while I am on a phone call with my web designer discussing a new site rebuild. My life is nuts and I really don't have time to keep up with tv the way a lot of people do. That is why I am in love with Netflix. Here are 5 reasons why Netflix is my ultimate guilty pleasure, and why it should be for you, too.
- Marathoning tv shows is fun. All day long on Twitter, people are discussing their fave shows. If you have no idea what they're talking about you feel hella left out. I hate jumping on a show's bandwagon halfway through the fourth season. By marathoning shows on Netflix, (watching a bunch of shows back to back, like a champ) I can start at the beginning of that season and get caught up in no time! That is how I got into The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Dexter.
- Their original content kicks so much ass. Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Lillyhammer, and Arrested Development are all dope ass shows, and there is really nothing like it on television. The only way to see this stuff is to have Netflix, or to find it on some weird ass bootleggy party site that will post it super low quality. It's not worth it, my homies. It's not worth it.
- It's perfect for a cheap date. I'm expensive. But once my fancy ass let's whichever long distance boo I'm dating drag me kicking and screaming into a relationship, I am a total homebody and I don't like spending my dude's money on dumb shit. Netflix is like $8 a month, cheap entertainment don't get no cheaper than that. For someone like me, Netflix makes my relationships work. Because cuddling all day is more fun when you have something other than your half naked bae to look at.
- You can watch it anywhere. No matter what city I am in, no matter what time of day or night I find myself having free time, even when I was laying in my hotel room coming down from my Red Bull high after being backstage at the Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz concert at SXSW at 5:30am... Netflix is there. Enough said.
- There are no commercials. How often can you enjoy yourself with NOBODY SELLING YOU SHIT!?! You can't even walk down the street without being assaulted by billboards and ads. Booooooooooooo. I love that I can just chill and watch shows and movies uninterrupted. Netflix knows just how I like it. Oh yeah.
I think Netflix is one of the best investments in my recreational life that I have ever made. I adore my Netflix and I will never let it go. You just don't understand true love until you something like Netflix that gives you what you want, when you want it :o)
Filed under: friendly advice