It's almost game day and the Chicago Bears are playing host. As the defending Super Bowl champs roll into town, the Bears dominating defense await. Here's a little preview and a prediction for Wildcard Weekend:
How the Bears win on Sunday - - -
- Mitchell Trubisky: It's really that simple. If Trubisky takes care of the ball, takes advantage of a porous Eagles secondary and plays efficient football, Chicago should win on Sunday. The second-year quarterback doesn't have to play the game of his life, but his decision making is crucial for success. It's not just about throwing the football, Trubisky is just as dangerous escaping the pocket and using his legs to gain key yardage, especially on 3rd down.
- Winning on 3rd down: The Eagles are 6th in the NFL in stopping their opponent. That's really good. The Chicago Bears are 4th. That's even better. Whichever defense gets off the field more on 3rd down and gets the ball to their offense will be in good shape on Sunday.
- Turnovers: Both teams are good defensively, but the Bears feature the top-ranked defense in the NFL for a reason. It's not just Khalil Mack. It's also because they sport a ball-hawking defense. The Monsters of the Midway were a +14 in turnovers. If the Bears win the turnover battle this weekend, they'll advance.
- Kicking game: This one will be brief - - If Cody Parkey doesn't miss kicks, the Bears win.
- Coaching: Matt Nagy is a mad scientist who has full command of his team. He'll have his team ready for Sunday and there won't be any letdowns.
How the Bears lose - - -
- They won't: no really, they will win on Sunday.
But really - How the Bears lose on Sunday --
- Rhythm: If the Eagles defense can disrupt the Bears offensive rhythm and can establish sustained drives with quick passing to avoid the pass rush, they have a chance.
- Nick Foles: He's just magical in the postseason. There's just something about him, at least it seems that way.
- Coaching: Doug Pederson is a Super Bowl-winning coach. The Eagles will need his expertise if they expect to have a chance.
- Intangibles: Philadelphia will have to tune out the crowd, ignore the hype and pounce on opportunities. If they win, it'll be because they came into Chicago and dictated the tempo.
The Chicago Bears will beat the Philadephia Eagles: 23-10