- Vic Fangio is now the head coach of the Denver Broncos
- Chuck Pagano has replaced Fangio and is the new defensive coordinator for the Bears - it will be interesting to see Pagano's style mesh with the personnel he has. The Bears have as much talent on the defensive side of the ball as any team in the league, so as long as he plays to their strengths and utilizes the speed they have, they should be fine
- Cody Parkey went on the TODAY Show - and shouldn't have.
- Matt Nagy was not pleased about Cody Parkey going on the TODAY Show
- Cody Parkey will most likely not be the Bears kicker next season - There's no way the Bears can bring back Parkey, it's not about the TODAY Show interview, it's that he missed TEN kicks before he clanked the last one off the uprights.
- Matt Nagy has chatted with former Chief running back Kareem Hunt, but apparently not about football
- Neither Ryan Pace or Nagy would firmly rule out the team signing Hunt this offseason - I view the press conference discussion about Hunt to be a trial balloon, throwing out the idea and now sitting back and gauging the public discourse about the possibility of Kareem Hunt being a Chicago Bear. It's a complicated situation that I'll discuss more in detail later if it becomes a larger story, but for now, I'd be willing to bet that at some point in the off-season, Hunt is a Bear
- Four Chicago Bear stars were named to the Associated Press All-Pro First Team - Khalil Mack, Kyle Fuller, Eddie Jackson, and Tarik Cohen
- Three rookies were named to the ESPN All-Rookie team - Roquan Smith, James Daniels, and Bilal Nichols
- The Bears will pick up the fifth-year option on Leonard Floyd's rookie contract, keeping him with the team through at least the 2020 season
- The full schedule isn't out yet, but the home and away opponents are
- Bears will host - Vikings, Packers, Lions, Giants, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, Cowboys
- Bears will travel to - Vikings, Packers, Lions, Rams, Raiders, Redskins, Eagles, Broncos
So like I said, a lot of noise has been generated about the Bears since the end of the season. After taking some time to digest the season, it's was an incredible season. 12-4 was completely unexpected, although I did think the team would surprise some people. Of course, this blog didn't exist at the beginning of the season, but I had the Bears finishing behind the Vikings in the NFC North at the beginning of the season with a 9-7 record. For once a prediction I'm happy to be wrong about!
The off-season is just beginning for the Monsters of the Midway, and there will be more content coming as well. Stay tuned!