I am trying to think of ideas to make my insulin pump more exciting. Right now, it just looks like a pager, this is not the 90’s. This thing needs an update, I mean besides the awesome science of it all. That is still pretty amazing. Here are a few things I came up with.
- A mirror ball- You would be an instant party if out of nowhere your pump dropped a mirror ball
- A Batmanesque spotlight- I do not know what actual purpose this serves but how cool would it be to have your own airspace clogging spotlight
- A yo yo- you could have minutes of fun at any moment using your pump as a yo yo
- An ant farm- You could have a tiny ant farm and watch ants do anty things
- Dr. Who Projector- you would be a hit with all of your geeky friends by being able to watch “Dr. Who” whenever and wherever
- GPS- with a special focus on the closest pharmacies and hospitals in your area
- Artificial sweetener dispenser- No more will you have to worry about where the sweet is coming from
- An iPad- I mean come on! (okay I just really want an iPad)
- A squirt gun- yeah a squirt gun is instant fun
- A grappling hook- this sort of goes with the Batman thing. I would also like a grappling hook, it would make me even more awesome
Okay that is just a short list of things I think would improve my pump. What are your ideas? Even if you do not have a pump help your diabetic friends out. Maybe we can start working technology and present it on “Shark Tank”. Surely they would not turn down a group of friendly diabetics.