For White Sox fans, beginnng this week and for the next month and a half, Camelback Ranch in Glendale, AZ will be the center of the earth as the Sox begin their 2013 journey.
Here's some food for thought in the form of 10 key questions as the first wave of Sox players arrive in spring training camp:
1. Will the injured John Danks be ready to join the starting rotation at the beginning of the season?
2. Will Brent Morel, out most of last season with a bad back, win back the starting job at third base over the newly-signed Jeff Keppinger?
3. Will Tyler Flowers finally come into his own and make up for the loss of A.J. Pierzynski?
4. Will Dayan Viciedo take the next step and become one of the game's premier run producers?
5. Will Alexei Ramirez improve his offensive game as he vowed to do in the offseason?
6. Will Ramirez's keystone mate Gordon Beckham fulfill the promise at the plate that he showed in his rookie season?
7. Will Addison Reed make the necessary adjustments to grow and prosper in the closing role?
8. Will Alex Rios, whose pattern has been "one good year, one down year." defy the past and have back-to-back outstanding seasons?
9. Will Paul Konerko maintain his consistency at the plate in this, the last year of his Sox contract?
10. Finally, can the makeup of the '13 Sox compete with the Tigers, on paper the odds-on favorite to win the A.L. Central?