Thanksgiving is almost here. Since I try to live each day being thankful for everything I have, I try to use Thanksgiving as a time to evaluate what I am thankful for verses what I should be thankful for. Sometimes, we get in the daily grind of life and forget to be thankful for the most basic of things.
- I am very thankful that I have a warm place to sleep in the winter and a cool place to sleep in the Summer.
- I am thankful that I not only have access to public transportation, but access to my own vehicle as well.
- I am thankful for my health, which is a lot better than it was a year ago.
- I am thankful for my ability to do things. Whether it's walking, reading, breathing, running, working, or anything else. I realize that so many people can't do these basic things, which makes me ever so grateful that I can.
- I am thankful for easy access to food and water. So many people in the world do not have this privilege.
- I am thankful for the laughter and love I have in life. They teach me so much.
- I am thankful for the mistakes I make in life. They teach me more.
- I am thankful that I have a job that I enjoy. It provides the money to do even more things that I enjoy, without having to be miserable everyday at a place of employment I hate.
- I am thankful for family. I do not have a close family, but I know they would be there for me if I ever need them.
- I am thankful for my partner. Without his support, I am not sure where I would be today.
- I am thankful for friends. I have had a lot of changeover in friends in the past, and I am thankful for that regardless of the reason.
- I am thankful for animals. Whether they are pets or wild, I think animals provide so much beauty to the world.
- I am thankful for my Country. As much I complain about America, I still believe it's the greatest in the World.
- I am thankful for God. Without him, nothing I have would be possible.
- I am thankful for me. Without everything I have experienced and gone through, I would not be the person I am today.
What are you thankful for? Please share in the comments below.
Now, make sure you subscribe to all my posts by entering your e-mail address below and clicking the create subscription button. Then, follow me on my website ArkieLad.com, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
Filed under: Uncategorized