Oh my gosh! I have to say that, like most people, I hate moving. I really, really hate moving. The main reason I hate moving is because I have done it so freaking much in the past few years.
Let me give you a brief rundown of my annoying moves from most recent to farthest back:
- A year ago this month I moved into my first apartment in Chicagoland.
- Five months prior to that, I had moved in with my partner's Mother to get settled into Chicagoland.
- Six months before that, the partner and I moved into our own home in Little Rock after a disastrous 3-way relationship split.
- Seven months prior to that, the ex and I moved into a larger condo in our community.
- A year prior to that, the ex and I had moved into our condo community.
The move before that was several years earlier, so I will stop there. Of course, I think I got my point across. As you can tell I have moved a freaking lot. So, it should come as no surprise that I am moving yet again. Of course, this time it is just to a bigger apartment in the same complex.
The worst part of this move is that it is literally across the parking lot. For that reason, I feel silly loading a truck or loading a car. Each thing I have carried has just been carried from old place to new place.
The fact that I have to move down my current set of stairs and up a new set of stairs is bad; however, add to that the fact that they are redoing our walkway, and it is a mess. We are literally moving across scaffolding.
It is scary enough to have to walk across the scaffolding to get downstairs; however, when you walk across it with a heavy box or piece of furniture, it is a multitude of times worse.
So thanks for listening to me vent; however, I just have to say again, " I HATE MOVING."
Whether or not you hate moving, move over to Facebook & Twitter and like me.