The 57th Annual Chicago Air and Water Show took place August 15 and 16 along the lakefront from Fullerton to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach serving as show center. Info from City of Chicago website below:
Another Look at Chicago Facebook Page link here
Strong in tradition and one of the largest free admission events of its kind, the show headliners include the U.S. Navy Blue Angels and the U.S. Army Parachute Team Golden Knights.
“The Chicago Air and Water Show is a summertime favorite providing exciting family entertainment in the skies above Lake Michigan,” said Mayor Rahm Emanuel. “For more than half a century, this event has grown into a spectacular display of aviation’s finest pilots in a unique setting making it a destination for residents and visitors alike.”
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels have been astounding audiences since 1946 with their gravity defying flying, commanding presence and supersonic maneuvers in their F/A-18 Hornets. The brave men and women of the U.S. Army Parachute Team Golden Knights and the U.S. Navy Leap Frogs will inspire spectators as they jump out of an aircraft 12,500 feet above the earth’s surface, racing to North Avenue Beach at speeds exceeding 120 mph, making a perfect landing.
NEW for 2015, the Breitling Jet Team will perform in Chicago for the first time during their debut tour of the United States. The seven plane team will wow crowds in their L-39 C Albatros jets that can reach speeds of up to 565 mph. The team is widely recognized for their precision and seamless coordination displayed throughout high-speed aerobatic performances, the France-based team brings their unmatched flying to North America for the first time.
The popular lakefront event features a wide variety of military and civilian aerial demonstration teams with daredevil pilots performing their stunts in the skies above Chicago. Returning acts confirmed for 2015 include: AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Aerostars, Bill Stein Airshows, Chicago Fire Department Helicopter Air/Sea Rescue, Dave Dacy in the Super Stearman Model 70, Firebirds Delta Team, Matt Chapman Airshows, P-51 Mustang, Sean D. Tucker and Team Oracle, Team AeroDynamix (12-plane team), U.S. Coast Guard, U.S.A.F. F-16, U.S.N. F-18, Warbird Heritage Museum Foundation: A-4 Skyhawk Jet Tac Demo and show announcer and “Voice of the Air and Water Show”, Herb Hunter.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE PREVIOUS COLUMNS:
- 2015 Chicago Pride Parade
- Buddy Guy - Shemekia Copeland at 2015 Chicago Blues Festival photos
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks
- NFL Draft Town Chicago
- St. Patrick Day Parade
- David Bowie Is - A must see exhibit at MCA! - photo gallery
- Gage Gallery's "Shooting From the Hip" featuring Tribune's Scott Strazzante
- 2014 Chicago Blues Festival
- Exposure - Chicago Multiple exposure photography
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LegoStreet Chicago Photography
- Chicagoan's in Winter
- Mega Flat Blues - Exhibition at Chicago Cultural Center
Year of the horse - Chinatown Parade
- Uptown: Argyle Street Lunar New Year
- Sunny, cold Chiberia
- Frozen Chicago Lake Michigan
- Sunny Sunday photos
- Chicago Foggy Night Winter Wonderland
- Got Snow Chicago 2014
- Beautiful Winter day at Montrose Harbor
- One of a kind fashion Show Chicago
- Thanksgiving Day Parade Chicago
- Chicago's 100th Anniversary Christmas Tree Lighting
Would you like to get updates on new blog posts?