David Bowie Is - A must see exhibit at MCA
David Bowie Is exhibition — the first retrospective celebrating the music, career, legacy, and style of David Bowie — on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) from September 23, 2014 until January 4, 2015.
Chicago is the only U.S. stop for “David Bowie Is,” bringing together more than 400 objects, most from the David Bowie Archive —including handwritten lyrics, original costumes, photography, set designs, album artwork, and rare performance material from the past five decades. Organized chronologically, from his years as a teenager in the 1950's to the early 2000's when he retired from touring. Among the displayed pieces are more than sixty stage costumes including the Ziggy Stardust bodysuits (1972).
As part of the sensor filling experience, a great set of headphones is provided with a GPS senor. It allows you to take in information and music throughout the different pieces on display. I found myself standing in one spot for minutes at a time, just for the great Bowie songs playing in that area. It reminded just how much I love the music of David Bowie.
Two thumbs up! A fantastic experience of sight and sound, I am looking forward to a second view sometime soon!
In a word — David Bowie Is: AMAZING!David Bowie Is exhibition runs from Sept 23, 2014 to Jan 4, 2015 Special extended hours - through Jan 4 Closed Mon
Tue - 10 am–8 pm
Wed - 10 am–5 pm
Thur - 10 am–8 pm
Fri - 10 am–10 pm
Sat & Sun 9 am–6 pm MCA is located at: 220 East Chicago Ave, Chicago.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE PREVIOUS COLUMNS:
- Gage Gallery's "Shooting From the Hip" featuring Tribune's Scott Strazzante
- 2014 Chicago Blues Festival
- Exposure - Chicago Multiple exposure photography
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LegoStreet Chicago Photography
- Chicagoan's in Winter
- Mega Flat Blues - Exhibition at Chicago Cultural Center
Year of the horse - Chinatown Parade
- Uptown: Argyle Street Lunar New Year
- Sunny, cold Chiberia
- Frozen Chicago Lake Michigan
- Sunny Sunday photos
- Chicago Foggy Night Winter Wonderland
- Got Snow Chicago 2014
- Beautiful Winter day at Montrose Harbor
- One of a kind fashion Show Chicago
- Thanksgiving Day Parade Chicago
- Chicago's 100th Anniversary Christmas Tree Lighting
Would you like to get updates on new blog posts?Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
My recent painting of David Bowie: