Saint Patrick's Day Chicago 2014
Chicago has a long standing tradition for great St. Patrick's Day celebration's, ever since the very first back in 1843. Today's celebration turned out to be a very nice day in Chicago, and Chicagoans make it even better! The Chicago River went green between Columbus and Wacker drives. Then revelers parade up Columbus Drive.
The Parade began at 12:00 noon, Saturday March 15th, it was filled with all things Irish - colorful floats, Irish step dancers, marching bands, bagpipers, and, anything green! It lasted for about three hours.
I started out at 9:00 for the dyeing of the Chicago River green, and then took a ton of photos of the parade, and the thousands of faces watching the celebration. It was a day of Chicago's finest Irish.
Here are some of my photos from today.
Full size image link here on Facebook
- LegoStreet Chicago Photography
- Chicagoan's in Winter
- Mega Flat Blues - Exhibition at Chicago Cultural Center
- Year of the horse - Chinatown Parade
- Uptown: Argyle Street Lunar New Year
- Sunny, cold Chiberia
- Frozen Chicago Lake Michigan
- Sunny Sunday photos
- Chicago Foggy Night Winter Wonderland
- Got Snow Chicago 2014
- Beautiful Winter day at Montrose Harbor
- One of a kind fashion Show Chicago
- Thanksgiving Day Parade Chicago
- Chicago's 100th Anniversary Christmas Tree Lighting
Would you like to get updates on new blog posts?Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.