On his radio program Glenn Beck countered an article I wrote titled, Dear Glenn Beck, human rights do not come from god.
His rebuttal included:
• Rights are from god, laws are from man
• The idea that rights come from god comes from the Founding Fathers and as far back as Moses
• Atheist dictators killed a whole lot of people
• “If you really understand Christianity, human life is sacred and it is absolutely absurd to think otherwise.”
• If you don’t believe that rights come from god you must be perfectly fine if mankind takes them away
• “Slavery’s right, slavery’s wrong; smoking’s good, smoking’s bad. That’s man. That’s not God.”
• China has different rights then America because they come from the person in charge
• George Washington quotes endorsing religion
• And lots of Star Trek references thrown in here and there that were clearly intended to give me a hard time about being named after Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise.
A summary of Glenn Beck’s response can be found at http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/30/glenn-responds-to-man-who-argues-against-the-belief-that-our-rights-come-from-god/
I will be replying to Glenn Beck’s reply to my reply in another reply to be released on Monday. May the best argument win.
-James Kirk Wall
To subscribe to this author, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. This list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29068020-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);