Come celebrate an Old Fashioned Independence Day Weekend as an Honorary Small Town Citizen For A Day. Mayor Thompson welcomes you to Nappanee's 4th of July parade and fireworks. Amish Acres welcomes you to a weekend of special events to honor our nation's freedoms. If you've never stood on the sidewalk on Main Street and watched a small town marching band, freshly waxed fire engines, boy scout troops, farm tractors, horse troops, and American Legion Veterans pass by, Amish Acres makes it possible for you to be a citizen for a day to participate in this most American of celebrations.
Celebrate the nation's courageous announcement to the world that led to the greatest experiment in democracy in humankind. It is a day of reflection and relaxation for all of America. Parades, fireworks, picnics, and backyard barbecues; burning meat all across the nation. Amish Acres provides an Old Fashioned Independence Day with emphasis on the celebration of freedom from religious persecution and the advent of the Christian church free from government sponsorship, all now taken for granted. But Amish society vividly reminds us of the miracle of assimilation that allows it to lead a live without connection to the outside world in harmony with it. For nearly two centuries Amish farmers have inhabited the Nappanee area of northern Indiana; many families decedents of the first pioneers. So to celebrate this remarkable achievement in a quiet way, Amish Acres will host special events throughout the farm on the weekend of July 4th with a special picnic buffet, patriotic readings around the flagpole, games for the kids, and demonstrations of forgotten domestic crafts.
At Stauffer Park
- 7:30am ~ Big Cup Golf Tournament, at McCormick Creek Golf Course. Registration is required. Call 574-773-2725 to sign up
- 8:00am ~ Junior Olympics sponsored by the Nappanee Rotary Club
- 8:00am until 8:00pm ~ Community Sale Call Peg Hunsberger to reserve a space 574.773.4074
- 10:00am until 8:00pm ~ Face Painting and Bounce Houses for kids
- 11:00am ~Parade (City Hall to Stauffer Park)*line up on West Lincoln Street at 10:15am
- 12:00pm until 4:00pm ~ Free Swim at the City Pool
- 1:00pm ~ Waterball Contest sponsored by the Nappanee Fire Department
- 1:00pm ~ Minute to Win It Competition *ages Kindergarten through 8th grade. **Registration at the stage from 10:00am -1:00pm.
- 2:00pm ~ Tailgate Toss Tournament: sponsored by the American Legion. *all ages **pre-register at the Legion or day of 11:30am-1:00pm
- 4:00pm ~ Singer Anthony Troyer performs
- 4:00pm until 8:00pm ~ Pony Rides
- 5:00pm ~ “Nappanee Got Talent” Show sponsored by Downie Auto Sales
- 5:30pm ~ Youth Baseball Tournament
- 8:00pm until 10:00pm ~ Teen Dance sponsored by TNT Entertainment
- 10:00pm or later ~ Fireworks Begin (after dark)
FOOD VENDORS WILL BE AVAILABLE ALL DAY!
Special Lodging Includes:
Filed under: Uncategorized