I always hear magical music this time of the year when I go to my local Binny's in Downers Grove/Lombard when pumpkin beer season starts.
"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
Since there is not many songs for fall or Halloween, I usually have Christmas music in my head as I go up and down the one aisle I shop in..
....the gluten-free beer and cider section. (Screeeetch...back to reality, kids!)
But when I could drink regular non-gluten free beer, I definitely had my favorites. Oh yes I did. And I would not be ashamed in the amount I would spend to stock up so it would last me through the winter...until I could not drink them anymore. **enter sad face**
I look forward to Deliliah's Pumpkin and Oktoberfest beer festival each year. (Wait a minute?! Is that coming up?)
Here's my list of my Top 9 all-time favorite non-gluten free beers:
- St. Ambrose Pumpkin Ale. Oh, Canada and Quebec! How you make the best tasting pumpkin beer and make this gal go crazy for it until she cries when she cannot drink it anymore. This is one pumpkin beer that makes me miss drinking regular beer.
- O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale. Another freaking awesome pumpkin beer. I would save this one along with the St. Ambrose and get sad when I would run out or could not drink it anymore.
- Uinta Punk 'N Ale - Just freaking good. Pumpkin aroma is very intense and most delicious!
- New Holland Ichabod Ale - No need to run from the pumpkin from this headless horseman. Delicious pumpkin goodness! Autumn in a glass!
- Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin - I just saw this product at Whole Foods and have happy memories of drinking this. Very yummy! Perfect flavor!
- Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale - Great pumpkin beer! Yummy!
- Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale - Yummy! Very smooth beer!
- Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale - Double pumpkin hopping goodness!
- Harpoon UFO Pumpkin Ale - No need to call the CIA for this pumpkin. It is un-ridiculously good!
Now here's my wish list of pumpkin ciders and gluten-free beers that I want to enjoy this year:
- Steadfast Pumpkin Spice Ale - I am so curious about this one.
- Tieton Cider Works Smoked Pumpkin Cider - I love this entire line of ciders. Cannot wait to get my hand in this beauty.
- Doc's Pumpkin Apple Cider - I love Doc's apple cider line. I am excited to try this yummy one!
- McKenzie's Pumpkin Jack Cider - I had their Seasonal Reserve Apple Cider and LOVED it. I cannot wait to try this one!
- Seattle Cider Pumpkin Spice - I am curious about this one! I believe that I would love it.
The only downside of this season is that it comes early and ends too short. I just have to enjoy it while it lasts.