It's 7 days until race day for 45,000 participants.
Even though I will not be running this race, I plan to do a lot of press coverage of this event. This is going to be a very exciting week.
I will be covering the following topics during this week:
- History of the 35 years of the Chicago Marathon (and including THAT year!)
- The Year of the Woman Dominance: the marathon and how the gender presence has changed over the years.
- Bring in the Elites: Friday's press conference.
- "Runner's Christmas": The Expo Experience
- Local participation within the Chicago area
- Race Day (of course!)
Strap on your running shoes and get ready for this exciting week!