NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Accidentally Sexy Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life Movie Pre-Screening Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 3:00 p.m. CST on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 and ends at 12:00 p.m. CST on Friday, October 14 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Illinois who are 21 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Chicago Tribune ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside Illinois. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.accidentallysexy.com webpage to enter the Sweepstakes. You must provide all information requested on the registration form, and your contact information must be accurate. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for online registrations that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet or other online difficulties or errors. All entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person or household; duplicate entries from the same person or household will be disqualified. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winners and Notification: On or about October 14, Sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winners by email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner does not claim his or her prize by October 15, (2) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (3) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prizes and Delivery: One pair of tickets (2 tickets total) to Monday, October 17 pre-screening of Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life. Total ARV of all prizes: $9.25 per ticket
All winners are solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with the prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prizes are not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
Winner must be able to pick up the prize in person from a downtown Chicago address to be determined.
5) Other Conditions: Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and, if so, it must be returned to Sponsor within one week of winner's receipt of same. Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, toallow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) Winners List or Official Rules: For an Official Winners List (available after December 25, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL. Official Rules are also available at www.redeyechicago.com/sexy. All requests for Official Rules or Winners List must be received by January 1, 2012.