This is not a sex blog.
Half skeptical and hopelessly romantic, Accidentally Sexy is an honest story of self-discovery explored through relationships, fashion, food, travel, music and anything I can get my hands on. This isn't just my story. There is a whole community of independent, forward-thinking women who can do their own thing and interesting, thoughtful men who just want an honest peek into a woman's head. This is for the peeps who live an inspiring life, so they won't settle for anything less than an inspiring love.
Sometimes I write just to make sense of my thoughts. It's like a scientist working through an equation. If I write it down and begin to dissect it, the answer will eventually rise from the details. It turns out there are a lot of people trying to solve for the same solution. That's why I share my results.
The greatest thing about listening to a sad song when you're feeling lonely is that it means you aren't the first or only person to feel that way.
There's a theory that nothing exists outside of the present moment. Act in it.
We're all just weirdos anyway.
Beyond The Blog:
- Co-hosted the KISS-FM Morning Show with Brotha Fred for a special Valentine's Day show. The show is broken up into mini podcasts: What's Trending, Radio Blogs, Celebrity Sauce, Should Relationships Be An Open Book, Forever Single
- Named one of Chicago's Top Singles by Today's Chicago Woman
- Named #43 and a "famed Chicago Single" in the Top 200 Dating Experts To Follow On Twitter
- Regular Page Four column contributor with Chicago's RedEye
- Interviewed by Jaime Black about nightlife, dating in Chicago and whether being a dating blogger freaks guys out
- Interviewed by Cinema Jaw -- super fun and amazing to do
- Interviewed three times for Dates With Ever -- once was even a live show (Second link here.)
- Took part in the You, Me, Them, Everybody panel -- can't a girl do her research and write some material?! Dayumm!
- Appeared on the first episode of the Steve Harvey Show as an "eligible bachelorette".
Email Ana at Accidentally Sexy (at) gmail (dot) com