The Underground is reopening in Chicago on Thursday, August 1, aka Lollapalooza weekend. After an extensive renovation and expansion, the celebrity-riddled pretty people paradise is back!
This is what I know.
- A few days ago, this cryptic message from Billy Dec arrived in my inbox. I'm terrified. Sign me up.
I'll get into the details in a second. First, make sure you're following The Underground on Twitter and Facebook. Updates and invites might get leaked...I'm just sayin...you know what I'm sayin... Bottom line: Only those looking for the signs will have access to the hottest parties in Chicago.
Look for the signs.
The Underground's opening weekend schedule will look like this:
- Thursday, August 1: For the official Underground opening party, DJ Rock City, Ryan Cabrera & Special Guests kick it all off!
- Friday, August 2: First Friday at The Underground will debut with an electric set from DJ Irie, and post Lolla guests tba
- Saturday, August 3: Gilt Groupe hosts Saturday at The Underground with celebrity DJ Sam Ronson
- Sunday, August 4: Chicago Industry Alliance (CIA) is back with national favorite, DJ Cobra and Danny Masterson, aka DJ Mom Jeans
What's new at The Underground:
- It's BIG: The Underground’s evolution includes an almost doubling of the space and a debut of previously unseen areas.
- There's chill area: All ya'll will have access to a brand new room, The Lounge, which will offer a completely unique experience compared to the rest of the expanded venue. Set just beyond an incredible glass display of the working boiler room, The Lounge exudes an old school, upscale lounge vibe with plush seating with funky patterns, rich woods, swanky music and a one-of-a-kind groundbreaking mixology bar never before seen in a nightclub of this genre. The space also features an over-sized DJ booth with a private VIP table in it, all elevated behind the huge mixology and champagne bar.
- And a melt-your-face-off area: The Club, expanded to more than the entire previous nightclub space, offers a higher energy, more modern club vibe. The Club is equipped with a 40-foot high-definition digital video wall with unlimited capabilities that serves as the backdrop of the newly elevated DJ booth, which controls the state-of-the-art sound and lighting system throughout the space.
- This video wall will haunt your dreams: Encased in sleek black glass, a new high-definition video wall will serve as the ultimate party display. Overhead LED’s will provide both ambient illumination, as well as show time lighting, that will engage guests while pulling them immediately into the party. The space is fitted with nine moving head intelligent lights, three CO2 Cyro cannons and an X-Beam full color laser. The sound reactive upgraded lights will allow for customized lighting schemes with six fully rotational light heads, which will add to the atmosphere in the space.
- Want your nightlife experience to be decadent as f***? The Lounge’s wine program will feature expanded offerings with additional varietals by the glass and select higher-end red and white bottles. Wine connoisseurs will note brands such as Bryant Family, Opus One and Screaming Eagle ($5,000 per bottle), which puts The Underground in the top tier of wine offerings by any nightclub in the country.
ABOUT THE UNDERGROUND
The Underground, located in River North, has elevated Chicago nightlife to unprecedented heights and is Chicago’s premierenightclub. The Underground attracts a rotating guest list of who’s who of Chicago notables, celebrities, international DJ’s, celebrity live acts including Katy Perry, John Mayer, Kanye West and more. After six months of extensive renovations, The Underground has debuted a new look, with updated interiors featuring newly exposed spaces, sleek décor, updated tech elements and an elevated food and beverage program. The Underground was named “Hottest Club” by Entertainment Weekly and “Best in the U.S.” by Nightclub and Bar Magazine.
The Underground is open on Thursday and Friday from 10pm – 4am, Saturday from 10pm – 5am, and on Sunday from 10pm – 4am. Valet parking is available during all hours of operation. For more information, please call (312) 644-7600 or visitwww.TheUndergroundChicago.com.