Wow. I guess I'm really back into the swing of things. I didn't push it, I waited for it and...wow...it paid to have patience with myself. This was the first weekend where I really felt like I was over it. I wasn't back to my old self, I was better than it.
This is how that went:
- As promised, I turned up to Oktoberfest ready to fox my big blue eyes off. I quickly remembered exactly how much I hated crowds and lines. Fortunately, Zach and Harvest Ale came to my rescue.
- At some point, I drew on a mannequin with a Sharpie. It had something to do with a phone called The Streak by Dell.
- Me to Zach: "I'm not sure if that was more white or more gay."
- We realized it was only 7 p.m.
- Booze tour from Schuba's (they have Matilda's on tap!), Scarlet, Halsted's and Sidetrack.
- Traveled to a post-party in Wrigleyville for Ernest Wilkins' friend Hank, who will now be referred to as Tank, because he is built like one. I seriously was waiting for him to start lifting up tables with his pinky or cage fight. Hank's movie Farm premiered at the Chicago Horror Movie Fest.
- I get completely lost in a room of about 15 people trying to find my friends. Ernest had to point and call my name at least 52 times while I just walked around the perimeter of a 10 x 10 bar. My ability to locate people is REALLY that bad. I have no chance of a career in mountain rescue.
- Hank the Tank and I exchanged really scary personal ghost stories.
- I gave a guy my number, which made me want to leave the bar immediately. Guys make me nervous!
- Closed down the bar.
- I climbed into a car with five of Hank the Tank's friends and had to use every half second of yoga bendiness to Jenga my way on top of everyone's laps to fit.
- While laying across a bunch of strangers, I introduce myself to the guy cradling my torso.
- Tais Till Four...that was bound to happen.
- There are Cheezit's by my fish tank........
- I woke up naked next to a tub of hummus and a bag of celery.
- I facebook stalk the guy I gave my number to and he is cuuuuuuuuute.
- I didn't lose anything. This includes my umbrella and my dignity.
- I have a date on Friday.
- From top to bottom, this weekend rocked my world...and I looked good doing it.
What did you get up to this weekend?